$180 for 10 sessions
(good for 3 month)
REGISTRATION FOR 2018 WINTER BATCH IS NOW OPEN!
CLASS SIZE IS LIMITED TO 5. PLEASE REGISTER EARLY.
Iyengar Yoga can be instrumental in helping with various physical and physiological problems, such as lower back pain, scoliosis, gastro-intestinal complaints, and etc. A few scientific research projects have shown significant improvement in pain management and long-term maintenance of lower back health. One of them is conducted with Shaw’s teacher Lois Steinberg, PhD. Read HERE.
Seattle Iyengar Yoga Studio offers the unique Iyengar Yoga therapy class for students of all levels. In this class, you will:
- Practice under needed assistance based on an individual yoga therapy sequence;
- Use a variety of yoga props to facilitate recovery, repair and maintenance in yoga poses;
- Receive one-on-one, self-paced assistance in healing through yoga.
- A 10-session commitment is required. These sessions are good for 3 months. No drop-in or regular class pass is accepted.
- Initial consultation is required after enrollment.
Shaw is Iyengar Certified at the Intermediate Junior III Level as well as a Certified Yoga Therapist through the International Association of Yoga Therapists. A devoted practitioner and teacher in Iyengar Yoga since 1997, she was introduced to the wonderful world of Iyengar Therapeutics by Lois Steinberg in May 2001, during the Odyssey Convention in Pasadena, CA. At the time, she was dealing with a number of sacral issues and was able to apply what she had learned to realign her body and to alleviate pain. Shaw continued to study closely with Lois and moved to Urbana, IL in 2005 to immerse herself full-time at the Iyengar Yoga Institute of Champaign-Urbana with Lois. She credits Lois for her methodical and intuitive knowledge when dealing with students with various physical and emotional ailments.