Welcome to Seattle Iyengar Yoga Studio, Seattle’s Premier Community Studio for Iyengar Yoga!
I have done other yoga before, what is different about Iyengar Yoga?
– Iyengar Yoga focuses on postural alignment and is a rich method based on a progressive and individualized curriculum. We do not heat the room to a high temperature or adhere to a fixed sequence in every class. Our teachers are all Iyengar Certified teachers who are held at a more vigorous certification standard than most yoga schools out there. Our teachers have the freedom to sequence the poses based on the group presented and the individual needs of each student. Props are generally adopted for support and a deeper understanding of the poses. We highly recommend students who are “new to Iyengar Yoga” to gain a solid foundation in our Beginner or Easy Pace classes first.
How do I sign up for classes?
– Seattle Iyengar Yoga Studio provides 24/7 online access for class scheduling and registration. Simple go to our website and visit Class Schedule page. When you are ready to register, the sign-up or register link will forward you to our MindBody Online site. Also check out Teachers page under Classes tab.
How do I know which level of class is best for me?
– Because we believe the growth potential of human body, we classify our classes based on the aptitude of your understanding of yoga and the limitations of your body. We encourage you to try out different classes for better placement. Click HERE to learn more about the descriptions of our classes.
What do I need to bring to class?
– You!! Our studio is fully equipped with yoga props including free non-toxic yoga mats from Barefoot Yoga. However, if you like to use your own mat, please feel free to do so.
What should I wear?
– Any clothing that you would wear for general fitness. Loose but not baggy clothing is okay. Because our teachers need to observe your feet and ankles, we would prefer pants in capri-length or shorts instead of long yoga pants.
What if I have special conditions?
– Please try to arrive at least 10 minutes before your scheduled class. This will allow time for you to fill out the Health Form and to discuss your special conditions (injuries, surgeries and other physical conditions) with your teacher. Pre-registration on our website saves time when you come in!
PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION. Call at (206) 402-6006 or Email Us.