Visiting the Emerald City? Below are some fun facts about Seattle:
- Ranked the most literate city in the country.
- Seattle was the first city in the US to play a Beatles song on the radio.
- Seattle was the first American city to put police on bicycles. Seattle has the highest percentage of people riding bikes to work compared to other US cities its size.
- Seattle’s houseboat population is the country’s largest at almost 500 and largest outside of Asia.
- The Farmer’s Market at Pike Place Market is the longest continuously operating farmer’s market in the US.
- The original Starbucks was opened in Pike Place Market in Seattle, Washington in 1971.
- Has the country second-highest number of yoga studios.
- And many more…
And don’t forget to make time for yoga with us in the Ballard! The Sunday Ballard Farmer Market is a MUST-VISIT all year long! And it is just a minute walk from our studio!
The Ballard Neighborhood is also rich with other attractions. Check HERE for more to see in Ballard during your stay in town.
Also check out the historical Ballard walking map!
Both hotels are within a short walk from the studio and will offer 10% off if you take classes or workshops at Seattle Iyengar Yoga Studio.
CHECK OUR CLASS SCHEDULE!